The Nestle coffee processing plant in Gympie required a new addition to their current facility that will produce the entire Australian requirement for International Roast and Andronicus Roast Coffee. McNab Constructions’ brief for ASKIN Performance Panels was to:
- manufacture and install 1200m2 of XFLAM panel to NCC Group 1
- installation to meet requirements of a fully sealed clean environment
- walls and ceilings to all the seven levels high
- complete the installation within five weeks.
To overcome the challenges of installing the insulated panel with minimal risk to safety, the Nestle Coffee tower was built from the inside out. Each insulated panel component was trimmed on ground level then craned into position to minimise the amount of works being required at a high level. Each level had to be well coordinated with an accurate delivery schedule.
Workplace health and safety was always a priority. With the majority of construction taking place on the ground. This ensured minimal risk to all crew involved. Once the floors were built and lifted onto the tower, consideration had to be taken to secure access points to each location and each trade were trained in working at heights.
Fatigue was also identified as a potential risk to workers, traversing seven floors continually. This was limited with works areas restricted to individual work crews and rotating of work areas at lower floors where appropriate.
The challenge for ASKIN Performance Panels was to safely and securely install the XFLAM panel while working at significant heights as well as completing the building of all seven stories within the five-week time frame.
The result for McNab Constructions was 1200m2 of XFLAM Panel designed, manufactured and installed in line with Nestlé’s specific requirements, along with compliance with the NCC, IPCA Code of Practice and Food processing standards.
The factory’s expansion in its operations has resulted in the employment of more than 200 people.
- Manufacture 1200m2 -100mm XFLAM Panel with 0.5mm Skins, Flat Profile finish and built in antibacterial protection.
- Supply of all labour to install panel and doors all trimmed and sealed to meet food processing standards.
- IPCA Code of Practice and NCC compliance and certification.